Friday, October 29, 2010

Skins Novel


I'm probably gonna say that I am the biiiiggest fan of this TV show in our country. I've seen all four series, kept myself updated almost daily with news, bought magazine covers and have completed the soundtrack and episode tracks. I am the ultimate Skins fan. Hehe.

So I've recently got myself a copy of the novel. The fifth series won't be released for another 2 months so I needed the right fix. I'm such a junkie when it comes to this stuff.

It's what I would call "pocket book profanity", this 300 page novel. It's filled with the usual naughtiness that is Skins. No, actually it's over-the-top profanity. But I have been expecting it. This sort of behavior coming from the characters are very relevant to the characters portrayed in the series. Obviously there are "trimmings", meaning that the bad behavior is toned down for television because it will just turn out bland and simply "too dirty" for viewers.

This show is cheeky and immature, no doubt about that. But I can list down about a million things why it must get the right recognition. This won a BAFTA in the U.K. for F's sake. They give freedom for young writers and real people to all collaborate.

Ok so fuck it. I won't elaborate anymore on how brilliant this show is. I just know this isn't anything like I've seen on any local or foreign TV network and it'll make its mark, if not already, today or soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment